Owner and operator Chad Mauer first opened CM Precision in 2006 in his garage with a single lathe and a small mig welder.
In 2015, we moved to our current location at 7 Bruce Road 22 (just west of Grey Road 10). Our 3,000 sq. ft. shop has allowed us to expand our services once again to better serve you. And an additional 2,700 sq. ft. gives us room to grow.
- 2006Opened shop with a manual lathe and a small mig welder
- 2008Added a manual mill
- 2010Added a Haas CNC vertical mill
- 2011Added two mills to accommodate a 400K parts per year semi automated milling run
- 2012Added a Fanuc LR mate robot to offer fully-automated mill runs
- 2014Added an aluminum Mig welder
- 2015Moved to our current location at 7 Bruce Road 22, Hanover, Ontario
- 2017Added steel laser cutting and engineering/drafting services
Some of our customers…
What customers are saying…
Amazing work. Have had several items dealt with, and always amazing results.
Quality workmanship, fast service, fair prices and a good guy to deal with !!!
Chad Mauer graduated from Conestoga College in 2001 with a General Machinist and CNC Certificate, after which he finished his apprenticeship. His chosen profession was no surprise to friends and family – he grew up in a carpentry family, and has always had a passion for technology and all things mechanical.
As a CM Precision customer, you will benefit from Chad’s extensive skill set, work experience, and the desire to do top-notch work, each and every time. He balances “old school” techniques with new technology, and calls upon strategic partners when needed for specific services – to do what’s best for his customers and for the job.
Chad lives in Hanover with his wife and two young children. When he has downtime, Chad can be found relaxing with family – or working in the yard with a junior helper or two!